Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

ciao, bella



It's been two days and it still hasn't sunk in that I'm in Rome.
Saturday/Sunday felt like decades, and the days are still long.
I had the pleasure of watching Just Wright TWICE on the plane.
Queen Latifah in her finest, pretty much was non existent on the flight.


Once we landed, we waited in the airport for about 2 hours,
then made our way to the hotel, with great views of Vatican City.
***I can't figure out a card reader, so the photos are from my friend,
which is a bust b/c I want to blog photos I took!****

That night we went to the Trevi fountain, Pantheon, and Piazza di Spagna.
Monday went back to the Pantheon to tour inside, where a tour group began chanting.
Kinda neat.
-Had lunch on the balcony overlooking St. Peter's.
Bread, cheese, grapes & coke light.
Carbs for dayyyyys. (I refuse to get a chunk-a-lunk, yeah, I'm a girl)


After lunch we went to the Vatican, went to the top of the dome which was gnnanrce.
After got enough steps to last the week, we hung out up there for a while enjoying the scenes.
Went inside the church, and had mass haha.
I felt a bit sac-relig kneeling and chanting, but it was legit.
The amount of work, craftsmanship and beauty in there is phenomenal.


Today we had school in the forum, sitting on the ruins walking the steps of the Roman emperors.
Cruised all around the Palontine hill, saw the vestal virgin house (where I had an accidental bum graze)
Then rounded the day in the Colosseum...and gelato at the Piazza del Poppolo.

It's hard to believe I'm here, and Saturday we're cruising up to Siena.
I'm a bit nervous to live w/ my Italian speaking family, where I speak ZERO.
Dinner will be loads of half-fake smiles and thumbs up.
And thanks to my buddy Jason--body language to convey what I want,


Some things I like:
The servers at dinner who sometimes just say Prego to me.
The legit window covers that are opened every morning.
Laundry hanging across streets.
The beautifully scenic alleys.
FOOD. (my best friend & worst enemy)


A little on the no bueno side:
No being able to speak to my servers
The bathroom that has a weird over head tank that shoots water at me every time I flush.
Knowing some people have already read the books, while mine are waiting in Siena.
Slipping in the bathroom.
Bed Bugs.


More to come soon...
(and hopefully photos from my camera)

xx





6 comments:

jess said...

Taylor, is one of the girls in your study abroad a huntsman? (Third picture down, standing next to you.) She could be a dead ringer for my friend Tara, who was a Lanai original. Looks like you're having super fun in Italy!

P.S.-- Glad you found my blog!

The Hoyt's said...

Soooo Jealous!!!! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures and to hopefully see the pictures you take. Good luck with your Italian family! Miss you.

Allison Barker said...

Taylor! So excited for you! I hope you are loving Italy!!!

Liese said...

Okay... STOP MAKING ME JEALOUS! P.S. Who cares if you and your servers can't understand each other... eat whatever is put in front of you! You'll never be disappointed! It's Italy! :)

leigh said...

omg this post makes me so happy and sad at the same time. i miss you!! and i cant believe you are in italy either. it sounds like your first couple of days have been amazing and that you are already making friends like woah. cant wait to continue reading your adventures!

Melinda said...

Loved this post! Keep them coming! You are so lucky! Figure out that card reader! Keep enjoying!

Post a Comment