Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

hot in the city.




Summer is almost over, and my stint in the city is over.
As I finished up, it was bittersweet finishing up at Jive,
and even leaving the city I called home for the summer, New York.

The last few weeks of the summer have been a whirlwind.
It felt like company was in town every weekend, making the summer fly by.
With that, I'm about to take you on a magic carpet ride of the last month.


4th of July I flew home to Dallas for a break from the city.
Spent 5 days at the Lake House, gourged on cheez-its and Diet Coke
and enjoyed the silence (cue the Depeche Mode).

*****

My cousin Brad and crew came in for a quick visit.
Opting for plays, kayaks, and bikes.

I worked a little.
*****
My boss had a retreat, and ended it with a BBQ at his beach house:
on the Jersey Shore.
I was snookin' for Snookie (seriously, I tweeted her to come over!)
we had delicious food catered by Ariane Duarte, from Top Chef.
The french fries- the next best thing to being non-virginal (or what I would assume)

And enjoyed the company of Joshua Radin,
who was enjoying the sun, sangria, and sweltering heat.
Before he left the party, he strummed a few songs a la backyard jam session.
Overall, had an excellent time with all of the Jive Promo Dept.
Great trek out and back to Manhattan w/ Randy aka "DJ Raize"
(who got mugged the night before. gnarce)

*****

That week my friend Ashley came for a visit.
Cruised around Central Park, she paroozed every museum possible,
and I joined for the Frick Collection which was beautiful...
Then, I completed my internship, with a sushi infused lunch meeting w. the bossman.
I learned loads from everybody over the summer.
And was truly enlightened during the meeting on:
-the whereabouts the industry is heading
-where I can be looking for future careers
-In depth knowledge on the make-up of a label as a whole
-how much say an artist truly has
-and how great of an intern I was!
...I'm pretty sure I made that one up, but I think I was exemplary...

*****

I moved for a third time in three months.
But lived with some of the best people.
...celebrated my birthday, a Robyn concert (that I'm still on a high from), and Court's bday.

laughed way too much & stayed up entirely too late.


and soaked up as much of New York City before I said goodbye...
what, it was hot! sometimes you get a bit delirious!


....I'll come back to you, don't you worry.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Can you please not remind me of the fact that we are not living there anymore? Also, you are a 5pointz perv, you know that?

leigh said...

omg i love that last photo of you! such a charmer. and im seriously cursing myself for not visiting you this summer. im so mad at myself. but maybe ill make a trip to italy??

JRKimball said...

Hi Taylor! Janelle showed me your blog, I am a little jealous you get to live in NYC maybe I shall come for a visit.

Post a Comment